Monday, 31 August 2015

When a long Journey Comes to an End

Throughout the final year of school, students often find themselves saying things like "oh boy, this year needs to speed up" or "I can't wait for graduation so we can get out of here!" but I can openly and honestly admit that I was never one of those. I found myself dreading the end of the year because  I knew how big of a journey was ahead of all of us and I wasn't quite sure that I was prepared to embark on such a trip. I knew with certainty that I wouldn't be able to see the people that I saw five days a week and about halfway through the year, I began to feel guilty and convinced myself that I was taking it all for granted and that's when it all begun, I would get super emotional towards the end of each term and let's just say that it wasn't pretty haha. Even though this post makes it sound like my final year of schooling was emotional but truth be told, it was a roller coaster of emotions meaning that it was filled with a lot of high points as well; these are the moments that I truly treasure...

The highlight of this year was an event that every student looks forward to from the beginning of high school onward and that would be the 'Year 12 formal'....

From left to right: my Auntie Duja, Alex, Me, my Dad, Whitney, Bonnie, Baba and Courtney in the front left with Mel on the right. 

From left to right: Courtney, Alex, Me, Baba, Bonnie and Melanie


My Dad's side of the family never ceases to amaze me with how wild they can get; this photo is a perfect description of every one of their personalities and I adore each one of them. 
         
My best friend and I having a good ol' chat about getting hair out of our mouth in a graceful manner; my love for this girl grows every time I see her face or hear her voice.


From left to right: My nana, Alex, myself and my pop. These three people are constant reminders of how God has blessed me with such the perfect family

From left to right: Alex, Baba and me again. My Baba rarely smiles in photos so I think everyone should really stop and appreciate such a phenomenon being captured!  

Mel and I with her saying that it was the "best photo of the night" 

The bestie making another appearance

My friend Lili and I, I believe this photo was taken just seconds before we broke out in laughter 

This photo will always be one of my favourites, Bonnie (at the very front) claims that Melanie (right behind her) is rocking the look of a meerkat haha



Fortunately, there are no photos from graduation day (hallelujah!!) so I think that will remain a memory that will only be in the minds of those who were there to witness me bawling my eyes out like a baby whilst refusing to let go of everyone I loved haha

If I were ever to have the privilege of talking to any current year 12's of the future year 12's it would be to treasure every present moment. Things may seem tough and you may be counting down the days until you can leave "this hell hole" but I can guarantee you that there will come a time when you will be filled with regret and sadness over wishing time away. Yes, you may be wishing away the study, the all-nighters and all the assessments but what you forget is that you're also wishing away time spent with your nearest and dearest friends, the little mini adventures you get to take along the way, all the unexpected funny moments when a teacher says something so out of the blue where you don't know if you're allowed to laugh or whether you just sit there in shock. The other thing I can tell you is that when you get to the end of this adventure, you're not going to remember all of the bad times and you're really going to forget the pain and stress that came with it instead remembering all of the happy and smile-worthy moments. So as a final note to them, I'd tell you to hold on to your memories and never let them go.

Until next time...

Lots of Love,

Jordyn xx

No comments:

Post a Comment