Tuesday, 17 November 2015

Life Lately....

Well..... long time, no hear! I hope you  all have had a blessed couple of weeks and that it has been filled with love from your family and friends. I feel like it has been a quiet fortnight here but when I look back on it, it was really quite action packed.
To start off this catch up, I'm gonna flashback to the weekend of the 6th of November. A couple of months ago, my friend Rach and I planned a weekend away with the girls to celebrate Tamika and Olivia's recent birthdays (one on October 7th and the other on November 5th)  so we booked an apartment at Burleigh Heads and the four of us (we were missing Heidi!) headed down on the Friday afternoon. What a fun car ride that was! I nominated myself as designated driver because I'm not a big drinker so watching the girls muck around in the car and singing so so so loudly on the way down was priceless! The weekend was filled with hanging out in the apartment, time at the beach attempting to get a tan (this didn't work out well for someone *cough* Olivia *cough*) and a night out that may have been filled with too many drinks haha.

Rach and I when we were out for dinner on the Saturday night. By looking at the next two photos, you can see that taking nice photos together is not our strong point ;) 



Mika and I waiting for the other two to wake up on Saturday morning 

I sent this photo to my mum after she told me that it was hailing back in Brisbane, what a change in weather!!

You can't see it on all of us but for a couple of us, this was the first time that we got "stamped" at a club

A few of the Polaroid photos taken that weekend  

There were quite a few other photos (and a few videos) taken but I think I would lose my friends if I ever posted them haha.

The week after the weekend away was filled with normality for me so that means that I spent my days visiting members of my family or catching up on things around the house and working as well so nothing new there but on Thursday, I got a call from my Dad while I was at a work meeting saying that he had a ticket for ACDC and if I wanted it then I need to get my booty to his place quickly so I high tailed it straight out of that meeting and went straight over. I was so thankful for this opportunity because it was incredible!! All I can say is that when I'm their age, I hope that I can move around (read: run around) as easily as they can, it blew my mind!! Anyway, it was a great night out with my Dad and his partner, Vicki. 

Dad and Vicki


Vicki and I
Dad, Vicki and I

Don't mind me in the picture but look at all the people! An incredibly busy part of a street was shut down completely for a couple of hours that night so that people could walk to where they needed to go safely. It was such a sight, if you actually click on the picture, you'll be able to see it better!                             

The next day I had to do a glorious open but that was because I had to leave early to sit an exam that will hopefully get me into my dream course so everyone please keep your fingers tightly crossed :)
However, that night my friends and I decided to attend the pre-drinks for the year 12 formal (a.k.a prom for my American readers :) ) and then out to dinner afterwards so I was oh so excited to dress up and put on my heels to go somewhere other than church haha.

Rach and I 

Heidi and Mika 

Mika and I

Olivia and I 

Sinjin and I and he is tall!! I was wearing 5 inch heels that night and I'm 5ft7in without the heels! So thank god for the heels or I would've been wedged in his arm pit haha 

Heidi and I

This is the first time since April that we've all managed to turn up to something that we'd planned so it was so good to be "re-united" again :) 

Mika and Heids again

Heids and Olivia

Rach and I! This is probably one of my photos from that night 

Right before dinner and Rach was so ashamed that Mika turned that camera to selfie mode in front of everyone haha 

I have no way to caption this but can you tell that her feet were sore haha 

We all claim that this photo is "tumblr worthy" haha I did feel like the odd one out being the only one not wearing black heels haha



The weekend was filled with nothing too special, I did however get to babysit this little gem so that made my heart happy 
My goodness, she's so cute!! 
And on Sunday, my cousin and I met up for lunch and ended up walking around the shops for a few hours and happened to get a photo with the man that needs no introduction....
4th time's a charm when it came to getting a good photo haha we were the only people in the line that had no child with us but you're never too old to get a photo with Santa even if  we are 18 and 23 ;) 

Anyway y'all, this has been my life lately and it has been action packed but I have loved every minute of it! And thank god that it's the holiday season because now it's socially acceptable to start the Christmas decorating and repetitive Christmas carols ;)


Lots of love

Jordyn xx

No comments:

Post a Comment