FRIDAY...
Friday morning I had to do a "glorious open" (oh man, I wish there was a sarcasm font) but opening early means finishing early so I walked out of the doors at 1:30 and headed home to relax for a little while before I had to attempt to look presentable for a birthday dinner that night. I ended up giving up in terms of make-up and relied on my make-up genius of a Mama to help me out for the night. Since it was my sister's birthday, she was in charge of choosing a restaurant so she decided on Cactus Jack's, which I am all for given my LOVE for Mexican food!
| The birthday girl and myself |
| Al, myself and our cousin Nick |
| Kenzie, Alex, myself and Nick |
SATURDAY...
Saturday was honestly a really uneventful day but it was so perfect and peaceful, which is just what I needed. I headed to the gym early in the afternoon to avoid the crowds because I love working out without interruption. I did have to work that night though but it was soooo quiet so it wasn't too bad.
SUNDAY...
Well to be completely honest with y'all, I may have hit snooze too many times and completely missed church so I didn't get to start my Sunday off how I wanted to. My Sunday was pretty much filled with re-runs of my favourite shows whilst folding clothes that once covered our spare room floor (I know you all have a room just like this!) and after the clothes were folded and put into piles, our lounge room resembled a maze where we literally had to think about where to stand without knocking something over haha. After such a wonderful afternoon, I had to head off to work all while trying to figure out whether or not I needed to call someone in to cover my shift so I could take one of my nearest and dearest to the doctor so it was a stressful night but thankfully, the store was quiet meaning that I could focus on what was more important than work.
MONDAY...
Monday was actually classified as my Saturday so that means that I did what I usually did and tried to fit as much as I possibly could into my weekend (can I still call it a weekend if it's a Monday?). A few months ago, one of my absolute favourite girl's asked me to come with her to a tattoo place while she got a new tattoo so of course I said yes and began to count down the days until it arrived. Thankfully by Monday morning she was "less sick" (she'd seriously disagree with me on that one haha) than what she had been on Saturday and Sunday so our plans remained the same. I ended up having to get up at 6 because I had a two hour drive ahead of me and I'm a slow riser and I also had a couple of errands to run so I couldn't hit snooze like I did on Sunday ;) I got up there by 10 and it was so hot!! I had to change clothes as soon as I got there because what I was wearing was not helping the situation at all! When we went in, she showed the tattooist a photo of the tattoo that she wanted so he went and sketched it and created the stencil and then it was go time. The nerves started as soon as she walked to the table but I really don't think I helped at all considering the fact that I jumped when he switched the device on haha.
| Her eyes are closed and at this point, I think I was freaking out more than her haha |
After hours of tattooing, shivering from the air conditioning and many tissues later, it was finished and was she thankful that it was over!! Even though I wasn't the one going through it, I think it was completely worth it because it looks incredible
I've shown it to so many people and every one can't get over the detail of it! I'm definitely ready to go again because it was a such a great experience and I got to catch up with this brave one. Is it bad that I'm already counting down until I see her again, maybe it is but oh well haha
Once the tattoo was completed, I hopped back in the car and drove for a little longer to Coolum to visit my Dad and his fiance. They were up at Hervey Bay for the day so I decided to go for a walk along the beach instead of sitting in the apartment until they got back later that night. It was beautiful weather so I took a few photos but they didn't do it justice, it was just too gorgeous..
Dad and Vicki arrived home later that night so Dad and I sat down and watched re-runs of Big Bang Theory...
| Again with the bad lighting and serious need of make-up for me but it was the only smiling photo that we actually took so here it is. |
| Dad's request and my golly it was so hard to not laugh! |
TUESDAY...
Can I just start this off by saying that there is no better sound to wake up to other than the ocean, such a peaceful sound! Today was spent at the beach soaking up some rays (maybe a little too many ;) ) and lounging around. Dad did however decide that it would be a good idea to go for a nice stroll along the beach, which turned into an 11.2 km and it was during that little adventure that we saw a stingray and experienced guilt after a dog begged (not even kidding!) for our food at the dog-friendly cafe we ate lunch at.
These photos were taken at the halfway mark before our lovely sunburned shoulders made an appearance; at first it looked like I was getting a tan (haha what was I thinking, I never tan!) but never mind, can someone please tell me that sunburn looks better than tan lines? Anyone?
I had to head back to Brisbane mid-afternoon to go out for another birthday dinner but this time it was all in the honour of my sweet Mama! I completely failed at taking photos but it was so lovely to sit down and share a meal with people who are so close to my heart.
I'm going to say it again: WHAT A WEEKEND!! Now you can understand why I would do it all again in a heartbeat so if you've created a time machine or know of anyone who has, can you please give me your/their number because I want to go back to Friday afternoon.
Lots of love,
Jordyn xx
No comments:
Post a Comment