Tuesday, 19 January 2016

Ringing in the New Year

Before I start this post, I just want to wish you all a Happy New Year and say that I truly hope that 2016 is filled with love, laughter and blessings for each and every one of you.
So Christmas has come and gone  now and somehow we are already 20 days into the new year so I have a feeling that this year is just going to fly by! 
Over the past few weeks, it's been a perfect blend of busy and quiet, which is what I crave but when I was busy I loved every moment of it and would happily do it all over again. So I'm just going to do a 'life lately' post, which is all I seem to be doing these days haha


CHRISTMAS EVE: 
On Christmas Eve, my day was filled with grocery shopping, cleaning and cooking all preparing for my family to come and spend the night and Christmas morning before a few of us scurried along to visit other family members. These photos were taken right before we headed off to midnight mass at my church in Hawthorne. 

Feeling like a fantabulous third wheel here and I think everyone can see it haha 

Even though this is a wee bit blurry, I think this is a really sweet photo of these two
There were many other photos taken this night but a couple of people didn't want to be shown, which is fine and in some other photos, some people looked a tad bit demented ;)

CHRISTMAS DAY:

On Christmas day, the alarms were set for an early start because my two cousins (on my mum's side) and auntie were heading over bright and early for present opening and a pancake breakfast...
Nick and I before the present opening begun :) 

Family photo minus the Mama who decided to take the photo instead of being in it. 
Early in the afternoon, I headed over to my other auntie's place (my dad's side) for dinner and "entertainment". I also had plans to stay over the night so that I could go Boxing Day shopping with my cousin, Bonnie. 


Don't mind our tired eyes but in all honesty, this is actually the least embarrassing one that was taken that night 

We call this the model shot ;) 
I so wish that I could post the rest of the photos that we took but it's definitely not worth the embarrassment.


BOXING DAY:
So Boxing day was filled with an abundance of chocolate balls for breakfast followed by an attempt to get out of bed and out of the house before the Boxing Day sales were over haha can you tell that procrastination and laziness took over ;) If I'm sharing secrets, I wore day old make-up when we went shopping because I couldn't be bothered re-doing it but I later regretted that one majorly! 
Don't mind my un-painted toenails, I hadn't quite gotten around to jazzing up my feet ;)

After shopping, the rest of the day was filled with food and games with my family so it was great and much appreciated.


NEW YEARS EVE AND ONWARD:
Now as bad as it sounds, I'm not someone who celebrates New Years Eve and I feel no need to ring in the New Year so I happily went to work on the 31st instead of counting down to midnight. I'm sure that as the years go by, I'll begin to celebrate it a bit more but for now I'm quite happy going to bed early and missing out on the cheers.

A couple of Saturday's ago I was woken up by my phone dinging and it turned out to be my cousin asking if I was up for ice-skating and a movie (Daddy's Home, which was so good!!) that day so of course I said yes to a little adventure and what a day it was ...
Before we started skating, we had to chose to sit on the top level so getting down the stairs in skates was "interesting"
Take note of the red mark on the right knee, we'll say that this is the before photo haha 


And the after photo. Bonnie fell over because of a little kid and this is one of the bruises that she got from that fall, favourite moment of the day haha 
Throughout the next week I met up with two of my closest friends for a much needed catch up and hug. The weekend that followed that week was jam packed for sure. On Saturday my Mum and I headed off to buy a printer, which  took a lot longer than expected so that was unfortunate. Following that, we went to a restaurant called 'Beach house' to celebrate my nan's 71st birthday with the family..

Alex and I after we consumed our weight in bread and chips, we're carb-lovers 

Add Nick to the mix and we have three out of four cousins 

As I get older, I'm realising how small our cousin photos are compared to everyone else's 

After lunch, we all went our separate ways to go to whatever we had planned for the night. That night I went out with Bonnie to watch 'Fifth Wave' and oh my goodness, I didn't expect much from this movie for some reason but I was definitely proven wrong.The movie finished around 9ish and we decided that we weren't ready to go home so we made and incredibly spontaneous decision to go into the valley to go to a club called 'The Met' and happened to watch 'Mashd N' Kutcher' play and it was so good. If only my sister lived closer to me, the night would've been even better but next time for sure! So Saturday night ran into Sunday morning (and without photos, oops) and I tried to get as much sleep as I could before my Mum and I headed to my sister's place for a movie day and take out.. 

I love this dog!! Sweet Bebe

The only thing I can think of when I see this photo is where did my left eye go?! 

Sister photo of the day 

I included this photo because it always makes me laugh. I always say that Bebe blinks in photos like her Mama

That's better. 

I hope you've all had a great start to the New Year and one of my goals this year is to post more regularly, even if it's just a simple Confessional Friday. Talk to y'all soon! 


Lots of love, 

Jordyn xx

No comments:

Post a Comment