Wednesday, 20 January 2016

Thankful Thursday

Yes, you're seeing this right. I am posting for a second time in one week, someone call the press for this groundbreaking development!

As all of you know by now, I start studying on the 27th of this month so in order to keep a little bit of routine in my life through a busy period I've decided to do a Thankful Thursday every week to remind myself how the little things in life are a blessing.

So let's get to it..

First up, I am so incredibly thankful for my parents because they're such supportive and loving people. I grew up in a family that rarely yelled at each other and if someone was mad then you could tell by their look so I feel like growing up with a family that always used a calm voice in a bad situation has shaped me into who I am today even though it sounds quite ridiculous. My Dad's more of the joking one that can still take things seriously if it needs to be and is ALWAYS up for an adventure and my Mum's the one you go to to just vent and rant to about something that's bothering you even though half of the time she just looks at you with a blank face followed by the words "I don't know what to say that's going to help." Well the good thing is, sometimes I just want a listening ear so thank you for that.

Dad and I on Father's Day this year doing what we do best and that's eat Mexican food 
I would show a photo of my Mama and I but she hates being on social media of any kind so let's just use our imagination for that one. 

Secondly I'm thankful for my built in best friend, partner in crime since we were little and for my favourite secret sharer and if you didn't happen to catch on to who I'm talking about then I'll point it out for you, I'm super duper thankful for my sister. My mum always tells me that she's so thankful that my sister and I have a strong bond and friendship because it's what she always hoped for when she found out that she was having two girls. Quite frankly, I've always tried to picture what it would be like if I didn't share a relationship with her and then I realise that I can't actually imagine it. So thank you Alex for always sending me photos of Bebe, for always listening to me even if what I'm saying makes no sense or I'm being irrational and lastly, thank you for being the best person to create memories with, I wouldn't choose anyone else to share this sister journey with. 




So that's it... that's my first Thankful Thursday but I do have a feeling that my next Thankful Thursday post will also be filled with people; you've been warned ;) 

P.S. I've finally made a post to show you all the photos that were taken at the end of last year so hold on tight because those will be coming your way early next week.


Happy Thursday everyone! 

Lots of love,

Jordyn xx



No comments:

Post a Comment