Tuesday, 13 October 2015

Weekend Happenings

This past week was a very busy one but when the weekend popped around, I was more than looking forward to my one day off. Yes, you read that right.... one day off! At the moment, work has been hectic! We're running low on senior staff so that means extra hours and double shifts, which means that if I want a day or two off then I have to roster it off in advance and then pray that I can actually get it off! Anyway, let's  get back to the weekend... I ended up doing an open on Friday morning meaning that I finished my shift at 10:30 in the morning leaving me with the rest of the day to do housework laze around ;) At around 2, I packed a little go-bag and headed towards to Gold Coast to spend the night with my sister. We had already made plans with my cousin Bonnie and her friend to go to Fright Night, which is a Halloween night held on every Friday and Saturday night through the month of October. Before we headed to that, Al and I decided to take their little puppy Beatrice (a.k.a. Bebe) to the dog park....
 A little photo before we left. 
We tried to get Bebe in one of the photos. I'll let you decide for yourself as to whether we were successful or not haha
Now this is a better one! We may or may not have used a treat to try and get her to somewhat look in the direction of the camera ;) 
Look at them all! It was dog heaven 
Once we got back from the dog park, we got ready and headed off to MovieWorld to meet Bonnie and Tori all the while knowing that we were about to spend the next 5 hours terrified! The funniest thing that happened was that Alex had watery eyes before we even got into the theme park and had two girls ask her what was wrong and if she was okay! Hay fever will do that to you ;) 

I didn't get that many photos from Fright Night because my sanity mind was elsewhere but here are the ones that were taken anyway....
Alex with a demon, also know as Kyal who happens to be her boyfriend. I think this is a frame-worthy photo.   
This is some seriously bad lighting but just appreciate the smiles haha
The only group photo from the night so from left to right: Alex, Me, Bonnie and Tori
On Saturday morning, I tagged along with Alex and Kyal for their traditional Saturday morning Sushi followed by a Nutella and Oreo Crepe with Chocolate Fudge Sauce and Ice-cream (it tastes as good as it sounds!)
Third wheeling it, which surprisingly doesn't bother me like one would safely assume haha
Saturday afternoon was actually spent cleaning, which is what I should've done on Friday ;)

Sunday morning was yet another open followed by lunch at my Baba's house (dad's mum). After that, I headed over to one of my nearest and dearest's place for a much needed catch-up and nap ;) Sadly yet thankfully, no photos were taken and I think Rach can back me up on that one haha 

I hope you all had a fun and family filled weekend! 

Lots of love, 

Jordyn xx

No comments:

Post a Comment