Saturday, 3 October 2015

Turning 18

It's an odd thing to say but I dreaded my birthday this year! Maybe it was the realisation that my childhood was over or the fact that I had to work or maybe it was because it was the first birthday I had to have without seeing one of my favourite people but all I know was that I was no where near enthusiastic nor excited for its arrival. On the morning of my birthday, I woke up to a message from my sister wishing me the happiest of birthdays followed by a quick phone call from my dad. When I walked down the hallway, I was greeted by my nana and mum holding presents and cards; for those of you who don't know, I adore getting cards and I find myself more excited to read the sweet words than I am to unwrap the presents. Sadly, my mum had to head to work not long after I woke up so I got to spend the day with my nana. We decided to make a quick stop to spotlight to pick up ribbon for my room; I'm in the process of redecorating my room (I plan to do a before and after post on the transformation if I ever finish it!). After that quick uneventful trip, we headed home to watch a movie before I had to go home and get ready for work. I'll admit that going to work wasn't that bad but this might have to do with a surprise visit from my mum and neighbours, they all came in with a cake and sang happy birthday, I was slightly embarrassed but there was cake so I was a happy gal ;) even though it was a short visit, it was much appreciated and needed if I had any plans on enjoying the night. As a child of divorced parents, one thing that happens when it's someone's birthday is that there are many celebrations for the upcoming event, I had 6 events in my honour so I'm just going to do a quick summary of each one .....

- lunch at my Baba's house (dad's mum)
- cake at my nana's house the night before my birthday
- the surprise visit at my work 
- family lunch with my mum's side of the family 
- dinner with my dad's side of the family 
- birthday brunch with one of my closest friends

And to answer the question I know that you're all dying to ask: yes, there was cake at each one and yes I was sent home with the leftover cake ;) 

You ready for a spam of photos? If you're not, I'm sorry but you're gonna have to deal with it haha

Celebrating with one of my closest friends over High Tea at a place called Whiskey Business. I highly recommend it. 

We were too embarrassed to ask someone to take a photo of us so we ended up heading (read: waddling haha) to the car to take a selfie, that's class haha

Cutting the cake at my Nan's house on the night before my birthday. This was probably my favourite cake, anyone who knows me well knows that red velvet cake is my life. 

A surprise visit was made while I was at work, I was thankful for this because everyone was nice to me after that because they realised that it was my birthday so thank you to my neighbours for the idea ;) 

Cutting the Lamington cake in between serving. See that coconut? A lot of that ended up on the bench and floor when I blew out the candle haha

Cutting my second red velvet cake after having lunch with my mum's side of the family.

Cousin selfie + the addition of Willow the dog

I just realised that I'm holding my sister's arm for some unknown reason, I'll have to call her about that haha 

Not the best photo with my Baba but we're both "smiling" so it'll have to do haha
This photo is self-explanatory but thanks Alex for doing what you do best ;)

I've had this post written and ready to go for a month now but our internet decided to stop working until the middle of last week and then my computer cord broke but I'm back and have a few posts lined up and half-written so stay tuned for that.

Lots of love,

Jordyn xx


No comments:

Post a Comment